OPPORTUNITY: Branch Manager
Serving the Sikh community in British Columbia for nearly 30 years.
Khalsa Credit Union (KCU) is a member-owned financial institution serving the Sikh community across southern British Columbia. With five branches, over 14,000 members and over $320 million in assets, KCU is the largest Sikh-owned financial institution in the world. We are a strong and growing organization with nearly 30 years’ experience serving our members in Surrey, Abbotsford, Vancouver, Victoria and beyond. Dedicated to growing assets, earnings and membership responsibly, while staying true to our values and cultural heritage, our 50 knowledgeable employees and nine directors strive to provide the right financial services at the right price with the right understanding of our members’ needs.
I. BASIC PURPOSE:
Under executive direction, manages the overall operation of a branch including deposit and loan portfolios; maintains branch security procedures; develops and maintains profitable growth of the branch by administering policy guidelines, setting short and long term goals, controlling expenses and developing and presenting capital and operating budgets to senior executive management; hires, develops, evaluates, disciplines and motivates staff; analyzes financial statements and produces branch reports; implements marketing plans for product and service promotion.
This benchmark is distinguished from other branch manager benchmarks in larger asset size branches by:
· No subordinate managers exist within the branch organizational structure; position does manage subordinate supervisors
· Financial accountability is governed by the asset size of the branch and the size of the operating budget
· Position is highly consumer oriented, due to the frequency of direct contact with members
· Decisions are made within generally defined managerial practices and Credit Union policy.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages overall branch operation including both deposit and loan portfolios; directs the utilization of staff, equipment and facilities to ensure member satisfaction and services offered are maintained at a high level, and to promote adherence to established policies and procedures; maintains proper security procedures.
2. Develops and maintains the profitable growth of the branch by administering policy guidelines, setting short and long term branch goals and objectives; controls expenses through the application of internal checks and balances, develops yearly capital and operating budget and makes budget presentations to executive management.
3. Manages directly all branch staff; recruits and hires new staff; implements training and development programs; identifies opportunities for staff growth and promotes motivation, enthusiasm and professionalism; develops performance standards, conducts performance appraisals and initiates discipline as necessary; conducts staff meetings and monitors all branch activities to ensure awareness of operational problems and successes.
4. Reviews and analyzes financial statements and credit files on a regular basis; prepares and submits branch reports.
5. Markets services and products by implementing plans to increase member awareness and branch profitability; ensures staff are kept up to date and well informed in all aspects of member servicing.
6. Additional responsibilities as instructed by Senior Management.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Two years’ post-secondary education and 6 - 9 years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Khalsa Credit Union offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and will consider relocation support for the right candidate.
To find out more about this opportunity email your resume and/or call our HR Manager
Please include the subject line “Khalsa Credit Union Branch Manager Opportunity”.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.